New features announced for Intuit ProConnect Tax Online, ProSeries and Lacerte
Intuit Accountants recently announced the latest updates to its products and services including ProConnect Tax Online, ProSeries and Lacerte for the upcoming tax year. Intuit works every year to provide the most effective tools for tax professionals.
In the wake of the new Path to the board guide and Account Trends podcast, Intuit adds further enhancements to its products and to ways to help tax and accounting professionals focus on the needs of their clients and the future of their business. Improvements presented for tax year 2021 include:
- Direct import of data. Drag and drop the client’s tax documents directly into their return. No manual data entry with Intuit Link request required.
- Smart navigation. ProConnect intelligently predicts tax forms and suggests what is needed for a client based on common data and workflow patterns.
- Assign and manage work. Assign and sort customer returns by staff member, then reassign each return as it changes hands across your business, to monitor team workloads and returns status.
- The lock comes back. You can now automatically lock electronically filed returns to avoid manual entry errors and calculation updates that could alter the original electronically filed tax return.
- Extended eFile status. Once filed, easily view the status of the file by type of return (federal, state and extensions).
- Sensitization to several preparers. Tax professionals can get a complete view of all users working on the same tax return to avoid version conflicts or overwriting each other’s work.
- Electronic signature improvements. Seamlessly access eSig in your workflow. Improved account management makes onboarding new users simple and easy for current users.
- Tax declaration reports. (Coming soon) Soon you will be able to export customer data from standard tax return fields and query the data based on common tax scenarios.
- Improved jump coverage at the entrance. (Coming soon) For tax form fields with multiple entries, you can view a summary of the sources and values ââincluded in the calculation, then quickly jump to the data entry screen from the tax form field with one click .
Updates from Lacerte
- Check your EFIN at Lacerte. Manage your EFIN more efficiently directly within Lacerte.
- New billing profile. Billing for Lacerte, Intuit eSignature and Tax Scan and Import has been consolidated into a single portfolio. Now, you won’t have to re-enter your information each time you want to make a purchase.
- Easier integration with hosting for Lacerte. New and old subscribers can get up and running faster with Lacerte in the cloud via automated data transfer.
- Lacerte actionable steps for error resolution (LASER). Quickly resolve issues in Lacerte as they arise using actionable links available when and where you need them to minimize disruption to your workflow.
- Improvements to the Lacerte 200 Federal 1040. You can now track the returns you’ve used with an on-screen counter. You will also receive a message when you approach your plan limit.
- Electronic signature improvements. Tax professionals can now batch send eSig requests on the same document from multiple signers at once. Improved account management makes onboarding new users seamless and easy for current users.
- Tax Accuracy Notifications. (Coming Soon) Tax professionals can now receive proactive notifications about returns that have been affected by tax law or other changes after you file them and what to do next.
Updates to ProSeries
- Integration of QuickBooks. We’ve updated your experience with a new dialog that can automatically detect open QuickBooks files and lets you set start and end dates, as well as the basis for a customer’s return.
- Background color of the previous year. Now you can tell if you are working on a customer’s current year return or their previous year return based on the different background colors on the screen.
- Built-in calculator improvements. Now ProSeries will respond to your Windows settings, expand and shrink to your preferred size, and allow three types of data entry.
- New billing profile. Billing for ProSeries, Intuit eSignature, and Tax Scan and Import has been consolidated into a single portfolio. Now, you won’t have to re-enter your information each time you want to make a purchase.
- HomeBase display functionality. Custom HomeBase view and filtering are now available for ProSeries Basic. And ProSeries Professional users can automatically transfer their custom views from their 2020 tax year software to their 2021 tax year software.
- Electronic signature improvements. You can now launch eSig directly from your Homebase view, saving you even more time. As a simple alternative to the current eSig request widget, tax professionals can submit eSig requests with just one click. Improved account management, along with outreach test locations in the right rail, make onboarding new users seamless and easy for current eSig users.
- Tax Accuracy Notifications. (Coming soon) You can receive proactive notifications about returns that have been affected by tax laws or other changes after you file them, and what to do next.
- Background update. (Coming soon) ProSeries will soon automatically download, check, and install updates when they become available without disrupting your workflow.
Path to the notice
The new Path to Advisory document is a complete and free document online guide available via the Intuit ProConnect Tax Center to help companies lead with planning and consulting services. Using the collective knowledge, experience, tools and best practices of the members of the Intuit Tax Council – tax professionals who help lead and shape positive change in the profession to help professionals foster prosperity for them. clients and businesses – this guide offers clear, achievable steps for businesses looking to add consulting services, or businesses already in the process of changing.
Hosted by Jasen Stine, Head of Tax and Accounting Education at Intuit, and David Bergstein, Director of Innovation at Bergstein CPA, AccounTrends brings together leading minds in the tax and accounting industry to share their knowledge and their best practices. Join the hosts as they chat with interesting guests from diverse backgrounds to help tax and accounting professionals stay on top of the most important trends and change their practices and businesses – large and small – to welcome them. Account Trends broadcast every other Tuesday.