How to uninstall the Calculator app on Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a lot of useful apps like the Calculator app. However, we rarely use the ones for which we already have better alternatives installed. For example, if you have installed a good alternative to the Calculator app, there is no point in keeping the original Calculator app offered by Microsoft. So, here is a short tutorial that shows you how uninstall the Calculator app on Windows 10.
Uninstall the Calculator app on Windows 10
Before uninstalling the default Windows app, make sure you don’t need the Calculator app. If so, go on to remove the app by one of the four methods below:
- Uninstall the app from the start menu
- Uninstall the app via settings
- Use free third-party software
- Use a PowerShell command.
It’s important to stress here that deleting a built-in Windows 10 app may not be permanent. A future update of the operating system may reinstall them.
1]Uninstall the Calculator application from the Start menu
An easy way to uninstall apps is to right click. There are two ways, one which is new with the recent Windows feature update.
This is one of the easiest ways to remove a built-in Windows app.
- Click on the ‘Start‘and type Calculator in the’To look for‘ box.
- If the application is visible, right-click on it and select “Uninstall‘option.
2]Uninstall the Calculator app via settings
This is yet another method to remove default apps installed with Windows.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and choose ‘Settings’.
- Then go to ‘Applications’ section and select ‘Applications and Features‘in the left pane.
- Find the entry for the Calculator app in the right pane and once found, click on it to do the ‘Uninstall‘tab visible.
- Just tap the tab to uninstall the Calculator app.
3]Use free third-party software
There are several free software like CCleaner, AppBuster, Store Applications Manager, 10Apps Manager which allows you to easily uninstall unwanted apps like Windows Calculator and others.
4]Use a PowerShell command to uninstall the Calculator app
Press Windows key + X in combination and choose ‘Windows PowerShell (Admin).
Enter the following command and press Enter.
Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the operation is completed, the application will be removed from Windows.
At any time, if you want to reinstall apps, you can do so through the Microsoft Store or use these PowerShell commands to reinstall preinstalled apps.