Department of Health offers advice for safe gatherings, launches Quarantine and Isolation Calculator
The District Four Health Department has offered families safe collection advice to consider this holiday season to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“As cases in Northeast Michigan increase, we are also encouraging all people aged 5 and over to get vaccinated as soon as possible so they can share a happy and healthy vacation with their family and friends. friends, ”said Dr Joshua Meyerson, a District Health Department Four physician. director.
Tips for a safe holiday season with family and friends include:
- To get vaccinated. Children and adults 5 years and older should be vaccinated against COVID-19. Certain groups of people are eligible for a third injection or a booster.
- Wear a mask. Wear a surgical tissue or mask over your mouth and nose when shopping for groceries or other indoor public places, or when serving food.
- wash your hands before eating or serving food.
- The exterior is safer than the interior – enjoy a picnic or other outdoor activities, weather permitting.
- Communicate in advance with guests about your COVID-19 ground rules and the precautions you take. Cancel your plans if you are sick and stay away from others.
- Safe travel. If possible, delay the trip unless you are fully immunized. If you are traveling with unvaccinated family members, such as children who are not yet eligible for vaccination, take extra precautions. Avoid the crowds, wear a mask and get tested before and after your trip. In order to ensure the availability of urgent and urgent care, residents are encouraged to seek an alternative to hospital emergency departments to obtain a COVID-19 test.
The District Four Health Department recently launched a Quarantine and Isolation Calculator that allows a person to select the date they tested positive, developed symptoms, or was identified as close contact and generates the date of isolation or quarantine of the appropriate release form. The calculator will allow residents to easily and quickly access quarantine and isolation guidelines. It can be found at www.dhd4.org/quarantine-and- Isolation-calculators.